CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 18, 2005

The One Where The Boy Gets New Hardware

So, Garrett, my 16 year old, has been wanting to get his tongue pierced since he was about 14. I don't really have a problem with it. Both his dad and I have our tongues pierced, although we were MUCH older when we got ours done. And, it's just another hole that will easily heal. I told him then that he could get it done when he turned 16...mainly because I thought he would just forget about it or chicken out when the time finally came. But, of course, neither of those things happened! His birthday was May 25th, and 2 weeks BEFORE that day he was bugging us to get his tongue pierced. His dad and I told him he had to wait until he was out of school for summer before he could get it done because
1. I was still hoping he would change his mind.
2. His tongue would be so swollen afterwards he wouldn't be able to talk
3. I didn't want him to have ANY excuse to miss any school or tests!
4. His coaches would have made him take it out immediately!

School was out June 3 here. Guess what Garrett has now! I'm thinking that he won't be keeping it for very long...

0 comments: